At Gilberthorpe School we will provide a caring, family atmosphere for lifelong learners. Our students will be enthusiastic thinkers, positive interactors, self-managers and effective communicators.
- Logical thinking
- Creative thinking
- Risk Taking
- Goal Setting
- Social Action Co-operation
- Physical Wellbeing
- Choose your attitude – Our staff and students choose the right attitude all day every day, we realise that we have a choice about how we approach our day.
- Be there – We support each other, we are also engaged and involved in our learning.
- Make someone’s day – We love to work hard to make someones day, a story written for a proud parent, a morning tea put on for staff or a trip to the Principal to show him some fantastic learning!
- Play – We also value having fun when at Gilberthorpe, fun with our classmates, our teachers and our whole community.
This philosophy helps make our school environment a great place to be!
The School itself was constructed in 1956 and opened its doors for the first students in 1957.
Te Taumutu Rūnanga have named our school “Ara Tū Whakatā”, a stopping place on the pathway for refreshment.
|Principal||Mr Andrew Wilkinson|
|Deputy Principal||Ms Rebecca Speden|
|Assistant Principal||Miss Lee-Anne Waho|
|Rimu||Miss Lee-Anne Waho||Yr 5 & 6|
|Rata||Mrs Kayla Templeton||Yr 4 & 5|
|Tawa||Miss Jenny Diggle||Yr 3 & 4|
|Kea||Miss Kelsey Morgan||Yr 2 & 3|
|Kiwi||Miss Samantha Corry||Yr 1 & 2|
|Weka||Mrs Rebecca Speden||New Entrants & Year 1|
|Penny Osborne||Executive Officer|
|Mrs Brenda Abernethy||Teacher Aide|
|Mrs Kathy Duthie||Teacher Aide|
Mrs Dot Palmer
|Mrs Belinda Ngaata||Reading Recovery & Mutukaroa|